Not everyone has the time or money for a busy, involved spell. It takes practice, a quiet place to sit down, and often a lot of meditation or introspection before you can create a really POWERFUL spell. However, sometimes what you need isn’t power, but speed – these spells answer just that need combining water and no more than TWO other ingredients to create useful, flexible spells. They’re not the most powerful bits of magick you can perform, but they work fast, they don’t need a protective circle to cast them, and they can be re-performed easily and with almost no ingredient costs!
- Fill a glass with water, and invoke the healing elements of Water and Earth. Pour healing energies into the water, and add a sprinkle of salt to cleanse out impure energy. Drink this water in one go for a fast and easy noticeable healing spell. Please note, however, that it is not a super-powerful spell! If you really need healing, perform a proper, strong spell after going to a doctor.
- Dip your finger into a glass of saturated salty water, and use the water to draw a pentacle upon your table or altar. When the water evaporates it will leave the salt behind, creating a perfect salt pentacle perfect for keeping your altar free of harmful energies. This also means that it can be washed off in seconds with a damp paper towel or wash-cloth, making it easy to clean up and easy to dispose of in an instant if you are a secret or hidden Witch in an unfriendly environment.
- Mix sugar and a spice, such as vanilla* or cinnamon, into water and bless it under moonlight. Dedicate it to the moon and to the cycles of nature. Then, before the sun rises, pour the water out over any plants in your garden that need a little extra help staying healthy and strong.
*Please only use vanilla extract, vanilla paste, or vanilla bean for this! Vanilla essence is NOT real vanilla, and has never seen the inside of any herbs at all. Vanilla essence is a chemical called vanillin, which was created synthetically in a factory – it is NOT a real herb!
- Add rosemary and sage to a jug of cool water, and leave it to sit in the fridge for three days. Take the jug out and dip a paintbrush into this water, and then paint the potion upon the top of any doors in your house that face the outside. This will prevent negative spirits from entering your dwelling, and will help prevent you bringing stress in from the outside world with you too!
- Add together 3 parts dried rosemary (or 5 parts fresh), 6 parts water (8 if using fresh herb) and 2 parts salt, boil together in a pan for at least 10 minutes, then leave this to sit in a cool place away from as much sunlight as possible. Leave this potion to sit and infuse for at least 2 weeks, and then during your showers measure out about a quarter-cup (~60ml) of the potion. Apply this to your scalp and hair, massaging vigorously, and then after at least 1 minute of leaving it in wash it out with shampoo and water. This potion is extremely nourishing for the hair, and will help your hair stay stronger for longer. Soak your hands and feet in it for 10 minutes twice-daily as a nail strengthener, too! Keep refrigerated when not in use!
- Under a full moon, step out into nature and bless a bucket of water. Add a handful of salt, and command the salt to dispel all impurities and harmful energies in the water, and then use whatever incantation or wording you choose to tell the water that anything washed within it will be cleansed of foul energies and made new again. Then use the water to wash down any items in your house that might have negative energies attached; for example a necklace that was given to you by an abusive ex; a favourite toy from your childhood before you moved away and couldn’t play with it anymore; or perhaps a ritual tool that has not been cleansed in a long time and has energies built up inside it. This water will remove all the bad energies, and leave the good ones, allowing you to make the object’s energy “new” again and remove bad associations.
- Fill a glass of water and dip your thumb into it, before pushing your Will into the water to infuse it with creativity, confidence, and innovation. Drink this water, or give it to someone you think needs it, and for a little while it will infuse them all the tools they need to be strong, confident, assertive and make their points well. Drink it before anything that requires these skills, such as a job interview, a presentation for school, or before asking your crush out on a date. It will fill you with confidence and help you get the job done right!
I hope this helps a lot of Witches who might be busy or secret or poor or forgetful, or maybe all of them together! Good luck my wonderful Witches, and may the Goddess bless you all!
– Juniper Wildwalk